“Here is my secret. It is very simple. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly” Le Petit Prince
I think it all starts with honesty + authenticity. No matter what, I always meet with, or, at the very least, set up a phone or Skype/FaceTime date. Why? Well, there are a few reasons.
- First, I want to get to know you! I want to know more about you and your future spouse, how you met, what’s important to the two of you, and how you envision your day.
- Second, I want to make sure that we are a good fit. This is so, so important! Making sure we “click” (sorry, I had to) ensures that all communication leading up to the wedding, the day of, and delivery of the final product runs smoothly. I would so much rather decline a potential wedding that I don’t think would be a good fit than photograph it and deliver images or an experience you might not be happy with. Because really, it’s the right thing to do.
Marriage is awesome. I think it marks the beginning of one of the greatest adventures of all time. I have the opportunity to document that beginning. That adventure. I get to tell a couple’s story on one of the greatest and happiest days of their lives. I love that responsibility and opportunity.
When you book me for the whole day I am with from your morning preparation right through until after your first dance. I love to tell your whole wedding story, I don’t work to a time limit, I am there to document your wedding naturally as it happens when it happens.
Every wedding tells a different story. Every couple has their likes, dislikes, quirks, personalities and what makes them unique.
ABOUT YOU AND YOUR PARTNER
- I love dreamers, creative minds and those who want to express themselves as individuals on their wedding day through their details and other things
- I strongly believe that every wedding story is different, I want to capture the things I feel, and the things that are actually happening before me
- You are in love. This is important. Seriously.
- You have a sense of adventure. Super posed robot shots are no fun. Let’s go run through that field!
- You understand what marriage is. Marriage isn’t a wedding. Weddings are important, but they aren’t the end. They are the beginning. We all want the wedding day to run as smoothly as possible, but honestly- they are never perfect. And that’s okay!
- You value photography + your relationship with your photographer. Photography is (obviously) important to me. I want it to be for my clients, too. I love clients who trust my experience and don’t ask me to work off of a 40-page shot list. I want to create images that are meaningful to you and allow you to look back in 30 years and still be SO HAPPY you invested in your photographer.
- You are down-to-earth. Happy and Funny.
- Outdoor venues with natural light (or indoor spaces with great natural light!) make my heart happy. They’re also the palette of my all-time favourite shots. Outdoor venues rarely have the same restrictions as indoor venues, meaning I can get shots we’ll both love.
- You will trust me to capture those “in between moments” of raw emotion and heartfelt tears that tell the story of a wedding day.
- You will understand that owning a nice camera and Photoshop does not make a great photographer.
If you have any questions about pricing or just want to get to know me better you can drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply fill out my contact form.
I’d love to tell your story.